Thursday, June 09, 2005

the more I rest, the more tired I am

Since the time I was in 3rd grade, my coaches have always told me to rest and eat. Honestly, I really don’t like to do either. I like to sleep when it’s raining and I like to eat if it’s chocolate. However, after Saturday’s demise, I better do a lot of both if I expect my body to function at the Deer Valley National next week. To start the healing process, I took a record 3 days off the bike and yesterday was an easy 1 hour spin. My iPod didn’t make the trip as it, too, had run out of juice. I was pretty bored when Wells Jr. came up on me in the valley. He was most entertaining with his stories -spoken in true troi willz form- of the 900 page summer school book, dreaded allergies turned illness, his brother’s ID being confiscated only once and thoughts on how to celebrate the upcoming 2-1! At the fork in the road, he told me to have fun riding up the big hill...little did he know I pulled a Robbie & Alex and parked at Bread.

Today I woke up even more tired so we'll see how the Purg mountain bike bash at Hermosa Creek goes tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home