Tuesday, August 30, 2005

number plate 20

it wasn’t pretty but I brought back a top 20 overall finish
Mentally drained and full of stress, I lined up knowing this was it: the epic East coast riding I had been waiting for all year. This is mountain biking. This is what I love! Let's do it. Staging, roll up, fans banging the boards and we’re off. I blew up 4 minutes later. I stayed in denial for 10 more minutes until I went from the front of the train to the last car. I couldn’t recover. I suffered to the point of tears. I fought my demons that said ‘go home.’ I told myself ‘just get to the descent.’ At last my heart rate started to recover. Slowly I came back to life. One by one I picked girls off. By the end of lap three I moved up into the top 30. I crossed the finish line disappointed but with a small sense of accomplishment.

thanks to
me for not giving up
my friends, family and crew for all their support
the fans for their cheers
the pro men and women for their encouragement and inspiration

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go #20!!!!!!! Nice recovery from some &*^%$*&^% circumstances!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guud job!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 11:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home