Monday, October 24, 2005

been ridin?

so much so that I have biker tan lines
On Saturday Robin-the-Elk-Hunter and I cruised through town to the Colorado Trail and spent the day climbing and descending the La Platas. Sunday was the 6th longest ride I’ve ever done. I don't know, it just happened. A perfect, sunny day, wind at our back, up Florida, past Helens, over to Vallecito...2 hours later we’re without water or food. Who knew we’d be gone so long? Well, it’s downhill all the way back...except for that kinda big climb and that section of rollers and that short grinder. We made it back to town and after a chocolate donut a Valley loop sounded like a good idea. Until I crossed Baker’s Bridge and the wind was no longer working in my favor. This is when I noticed my arms were red and a frantic pulling up of my sleeve revealed the inevitable: tan lines.

just ride the cruiser
Today I did a 2-a-day. Because it was my day off. And another beautiful, gorgeous, amazing day. My first ride was a solo trip through the Gulch. The second ride was called attack - Miles - to - Trimble - and - back. Tomorrow is the last group ride of the year and then I’m taking Tommy D’s advice: just ride the cruiser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home