Monday, May 01, 2006

life moves faster than the speed of the river

fuerte or muerte?
A month ago I made it back from my spring training camp on the island of Curacao. While the resorts and ocean were beautiful, the rest of the island was dirty, drug ridden and sketch-ie! The race course was next to a jail and as I’m sure you heard, a pro guy was attacked during World Cup pre-ride. Not exactly the most relaxing and focused trip as a solo chick but one which taught me many lessons in self reliance. Luckily the LunaChixs were at the same bay and adopted me for a few days. Our down time was spent on the beach, snorkeling, eating pancakes with euro chocolate sauce and watching the final four.

town
My friends were in town. My parents were in town. Lea and Shonny finally made it back to town. I moved offices into town. I moved homes into town. And then I did a crit race in town. Things are coming together, just in time for this weekend’s Norba opener in Cali.

happy may day
As a kid in Wisconsin we celebrated May Day by creating may baskets (a cup full of grass, dandelions and left over Easter candy), placing them on boyfriends’ door steps, ringing the bell and running. The whole point was to let the boys catch you so they’d have to kiss you. But I’d rather beat them in the sprint home, winded and without a kiss, but in my mind - the winner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home