Thursday, June 23, 2005

on Wisconsin

days in Durango
Getting up for work on Monday was rough as we strolled into town at 2am and there was not much sleep to be had. Nothing a little Bread coffee couldn’t fix. The Purg crew went out on the scenic chair lift for ‘research.’ I was entertained by the 12 year old boys shouting, ‘don’t be a chick-ennn!’ to the girls on the alpine slide. The girls took their message to heart, resulting in a crash and burn. Yea, get it girls! Before heading back to the drawing board, we checked out our new entrance sign.
Monday ended with a trip to SRA where Meg, JPowers (who, for the record, was not the semi-pro JellyBean on the Orbea at Deer Valley) and I hung out with Dr. Frank until he had to go to one of his dinners.

race to work day
The morning kicked off with the City of Durango’s Ride to Work Day. I dropped my stuff off at Scott’s, driver of the Purgatory team car, and began the ride from Ninja’s house. We were 10 minutes in front of team leader, Sven, and his domestique, Russell, so we toured homes and golf courses, let them get in front of us and launched a sneak attack. Race on! Each attack was preceded by pouring water on eachother leaving us all dehydrated for the final climb up Needles. Ninja won the polka dot jersey but some late race tactics put Sven in the Village first.

dolphins in Ouray and angels in NM
My crazy cousin Julie drove the e-bay purchased Dolphin across Colorado and ended up in Ouray. I called her cellie to see if she could drive down to Purg but since it was storming and her camper doesn’t have windshield wipers, we kept our visit to a digital one. Jules had a message for her mom (Lynnie) ‘not to worry...the camper has half an engine which is plenty to get back to Ft. Collins.’ After much story telling and giggling, Jules and I said goodbye.
As soon as I hung up, Rebecca called. She has been workin’ it!! Thanks to AC, we’re going to the World Cup!

unpack and pack
Last night I unpacked all of my stuff from Deer Valley and packed for my trip to Wisconsin. I can’t wait to get back home! The cowboy stopped by with dinner and dessert and once again, forgot to grab his hat. Guess I get to wear it on the plane. Time to go...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

powers ain't worth a link. spare yourself.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 10:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

neither is sager but the durango boyz need love

Monday, June 27, 2005 4:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least Sager updates his funny ass site. He rocks my wurld and urs too I'm sure.

Monday, June 27, 2005 9:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home