Friday, July 01, 2005

whirlwind

tired head
The week started with a 4am wake up call to get to MKE and back to DRO. My driver was still sleeping when I landed but the mention of breakfast at Carvers shook him out of bed. The afternoon was spent riding up Hesperus and down Wild Cat followed by a visit to Dr. Frank where I caught up with Kristin. Final stop - the Valley for dinner, coffee and a game plan for July's training and racing.

party central
Kiera & The Girls were on their best behavior at Lady Falconburgh's on Tuesday night. I passed on Beastie Boys karaoke and hung out with Robin who is going to Michigan for 3 weeks. The next night Irene had a backyard bash which ended early when the propane ran out. As I was heading home, Christian called from Skinny's to invite me to a parade on Main Street. Last night was Robbie's victory party where we talked SRM's, 80's rock and about the mysterious - Hincapie - look - alike Kate calls 'not George.'

the little engine that could
Yesterday afternoon the land yachts and I huffed and puffed our way up and over Coal Bank. My HR had to stay in a zone that hurts...just below race pace. I was happy when I passed the 10,800 ft sign without passing out or getting taken out. As I descended back to Purgatory, Jennifer Rideshare called with excited news! We couldn't chat long, however, as I was taking the corners too hot, narrowly avoiding a kricket off the cliff.

3 day weekend
I better get some sleep tonight as I have Tour parties, Mesa parties, Purg parties, rafting trips, hot spring soaking, 4 climbs up Shalona and 2 climbs up the Colorado Trail.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's Rideshare's news?????????

Saturday, July 02, 2005 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[rideshare = preggershare]

k2th'K, it was so lovely to talk to you, if only for briefly wind-ily moments. thanks for risking krickliffs to answer your cell, you little maniac. many misses and hugs to you from out here in the [not so] fab D!

rs

Thursday, July 07, 2005 1:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats from WI Rideshare!!!

Friday, July 08, 2005 11:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home