Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Happy Blog

Between my spring races and trip out east, I spent most of my time designing, marketing, promoting and launching 6 new real estate projects at DMR. Very challenging and tiring but I love it and hopefully the work-life balance will return to Durango levels.

Many friends and family were in town - photographer Andy, cyclists from my old White Rock training grounds, the one and only Candy, Miles’ mom Maureen, my brother and Prentice and Lynn from Cali. How nice it was to take them out on the town, on my favorite bike routes, up to the mountains and out on the river. Ahh...summer!!

river ride
This past weekend I woke up to Rucus and Bits, watered the yard and mosey-d on over to the Farmers Market. I can’t wait to go again...Bread coffee in little cups, machine washed salad, sweet desserts and cool art. Good thing I brought my dollars. By 10am the chicks were on their bikes headed towards Vallecito. Instead of riding around the lake we stopped at the general store. Too bad I spent all my dollars, I could have used a soda. Instead Grandma filled us up with cold water and waved goodbye as we headed back to town. The rest of the day was spent on the river tubing - my first outing all year. I narrowly escaped getting swallowed up by a tree as I was watching some yahoos jump off Main St bridge. And as I was balancing on my tube through the rapids I wondered if anyone would want to race from 32nd to 9th? Hmmmm, that’s a great idea.

keepin it real
Sunday was another river day as I hung out on Durango Beach while Miles and Silo went fishing with one fake fly. I learned that it’s illegal to use real (wanted dead or alive) flies. Earlier in the day a group of six girls plus one random guy went mountain biking on the Colorado Trail. Robin and I took our favorite route back on Lightner Creek Road. It’s great riding with Robin. Not only because we both agree cycling is gay, but she has the best stories (mostly about her diehard dad), Hollywood news, sports scores, cooking tips, fashion updates and shocking facts like how the dead deer on the side of the road is so bloated it’s about to pop! Nasty, I know, but memorable. And true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home