Tuesday, July 05, 2005

freedom

slumber party
I left the house Friday night in my favorite PINK pj bottoms carrying a bottle of wine to go to dinner and a sleep over at my friend's house. Finally, a chance to chill!
Dinner was magnificent and I slept in, missing Chris and Kathy's Tour de France party. I hear Matt was the first to arrive and Sven, the DMR coffee-getter, got coffee. Fortunately, the B&B I stayed at was equipped with Tivo and I watched the 4 hours of coverage in 1 while eating chocolate chip pancakes. Rough life!

my Sha-rona
Ooo you make my motor run, motor run... Enough chill time, it was on to my 3rd hard ride of the week - the Valley and 4 climbs up new Shalona. I was rollin' pretty well until the 2.5hr mark when I ran out of water and needed food. Instead of climbing home, I picked up some Bread goodies, met up with a few fellow biker dudes and headed to the river where we ran into the Cowboy's long lost cousin.

"kristi, you're a wa-ter-per-son"
Sunday's mountain bike ride was sweet!
I ran into the D-town boyz who just finished a local race - Chase Ned through the Gulch. We rode Dry Fork together before I had to turn off so I could get home in time to go rafting! Fearless river guide, Cyrus, took a group of us out on the Animas. We had a blast! Irene and I stayed busy bailing water out of the boat and hanging on for our lives as Cyrus tried dumping us out at Smelter. I’m addicted!

silver lining
To celebrate the 4th, the crew enjoyed a picnic and fireworks in Silverton.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home