Monday, July 25, 2005

to Aspen and back

a beautiful drive
a sweet condo
a cute grocery delivery boy
a king size bed with 10 pillows

The morning sunshine and the smell of chocolate chip pancakes woke me up on Saturday. How nice it is to not have to set an alarm! I enjoyed my breakfast and watched the end of the tour TT before heading up to Snowmass for the XC "ride".

no more living the high life
Since I registered late, I didn't get a call up. When I looked at Frosty he smiled and said 'you're last'. I smiled and said, 'thanks'. Well...if there's a time to be on the back row, this would be the time. We headed up the paved road, the gravel road, the dirt road, a single track switch back and another dirt road before descending on some single track and more roads. I picked off a few girls on the descent and a handful on the second lap but mostly I just rode with zero power and the 10,000 ft headache.

On a good note, I finished before the insane lightning storm and was able to take cover under the Giant tent. On a not-so-good note, my travel buddy was MIA. Hours later, still freezing and now starving, I gave up and headed back to town only to find the condo locked. I paced the wet streets, looking for something to eat while dialing numbers. Finally... MIA answered. He told me where the hidden key was and said he'd give me the 30 min bath story later.

out on the town
By 9pm we were done telling stories and ready to meet up with some friends for dinner. I was not too excited to go back out in the rain but it turned out to be a wonderful time! The restaurant was warm and vibrant, full of a cast of characters and much laughter. It was a lovely ending to a rough day at the office.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that Jason Sager guys website. What a wimp. Climbing into peoples bathtubs to get warm. I'm glad your dating a "real" man and not some whiner like that. That guy needs to get a real job or get after the bike racing 100%. He shows some picture of the car thermometer reading 117 degrees. Come on dude, thats perfect training weather. Get out of the car and have someone motorpace you for 20 miles. Kristi you rule I know you put the time in to kill it!!! You would stay on the bike regardless of lightning or being a little chilly. Girls RULE!!!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 11:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe, not cool dude. That sounded like a pretty crappy ride. Scary too. And yah know now he has made a new friend in the painter. Jason's cool, Kristi's cool.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger kricket said...

thanks Linds!
That monkey is really in awe of Sager, he's just mad that J doesn't give him more props on his blog.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home